Succubus Relation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Succubus Relation

Share and discuss your succubus experiences!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chaos magic

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chaos magic Empty Chaos magic Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:52 am

Ark

Ark

I found this thread on /x/. The summary at the beginning is pretty good.

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17270780/

I'm not really familiar with any magic that uses the system approach, so I picked the chaos view to get an understanding of the subject, and how it relates to learned abilities. Usually people only discuss the very basics, so this here thread was a positive exception.

Also feel free to post your own views on this subject here.

2Chaos magic Empty Re: Chaos magic Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:05 pm

Ark

Ark

From the thread:

INTRODUCTION

"It is a mistake to consider any belief more liberated than another. It is the possibility of change which is important. Every new form of liberation is destined to eventually become another form of enslavement for most of its adherents. There is no freedom from duality on this plane of existence, but one may at least aspire to choice of duality."
-Peter J. Carroll, Liber Null and Psychonaut

"Chaosophy" is a meta-belief that all beliefs are tools for power. "Nothing is true, everything is permited" means that all possible interpretations of reality(religions, magick systems,etc.) are valid and every way of manipulating reality works as long as you belive in it.
Chaos magick primary teachings are probably familiar to most magicians. The basics of practical works are
Warning: It's very easy to get crazy with this, so do yourself a favor and don't take it too seriously.

FIVE MODELS OF MAGICK

A way to classify all types of magick and anything supernatural. But it's not always precise. Trying to create an explanation for an event based on each model is the best exercise to practice the chaos magick way of thinking.

1. The Spirit Model
This model includes any magick that utilizes the concept of spirits or independent entities and interacts with them through various means and with individual purpose. It's used a lot. It includes gods and goddess as well as angels, demons, saints, ghosts and everything in between.
Can include: prayer, ritual, offerings, altars, mediumship, dream communications, dream magick, commanding and bartering relationships, etc.

2. Energy Model
The energy model takes the view that all things in existence are made up of energy, and that energy can be directed and utilized.
Can include: psionics, chakra work, kundalini, tai chi and other martial arts, reiki, auras, etc.

3. Psychological Model
Focuses on the magick as happening in the mind sphere. This model is constantly growing as our understanding of the human brain does.
Can include: meditation, trance, hypnotism, neuro-linguistic programming, use of sigils, traditional ritual, study of consciousness, etc.

4. Information Model
The information model starts with the premise that all things in existence are comprised of information. Even energy itself is coded to exist. The human is not simply a processor of information, but also an active nexus of convergence between programmed existence and conscious reality manipulation.
Can include: telepathy, remote viewing, cybernetic modeling, study of memetics, study of dynamic systems, sociology, anthropology, coding, marketing, virality, etc.

5. Meta Model
The Meta-Model of magick is where Chaos Magick fits nicely. It is the conscious application of any of the above models, and indeed, any established paradigm or system. Often utilizing a meta-model approach to ones own personal outlook and practice results in an idiosyncratic and eclectic belief structure peculiar to the individual. This differs from the traditional scope of eclectic magick as it allows not only synthesis between belief structures, but also a deeper, more personal internalization.

3Chaos magic Empty Re: Chaos magic Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:27 pm

ReiMagus

I am the one who originally wrote that chaos magick text here: here http://fringechan.org/fringe/res/393.html
I find it weird that it got copypasted into 4chan/x/ without mentioning the source.
Anyway, i wanted to post here to tell anyone who reads this to start with Phill Hine's books and most ignore books from Peter Carrol.
Also, if anyone would like to learn more about magick in general, fringechan.org is a great place to start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum